On 04/03/2023 at approximately 2:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, my Galaxy S22 Ultra (IMEI# 355796463139109) was stolen from me by a party unknown to me. A review of the incident revealed that the phone had fallen out of my purse during an engagement at work, and then was picked up and taken by an unknown party. The device was LOCKED when it was picked up. The device was immediately powered off by the thief, which enabled Android’s device encryption – so the risk of potential unauthorized access to secure data is heavily mitigated. As a result of this device theft, I have additionally taken the following steps to ensure security.
1. I have revoked all login sessions from that device where I am able to do so.
2. I have requested via MDM that the device is remotely wiped next time it appears online.
3. I have filed a theft report with the local police department where the theft occurred.
4. I have contacted my carrier and requested that the device’s IMEI and SIM be globally blocked, preventing its activation on any network.
5. I am writing this disclosure notice and publishing it notoriously for anyone who may be interested.
I will publish another notice when I am in possession of a working device.
FROM THIS POINT ONWARD, THE DEVICE WITH IMEI 355796463139109 SHOULD BE CONSIDERED STOLEN AND IN THE CUSTODY OF A ROGUE ACTOR. DO NOT TRUST THIS DEVICE.